Recently one of our customers gave us feedback that after we had carried out a job for them the cleanliness after the job was not up to our usual standard - positive and negative feedback is always good to receive so we looked at the situation and took action. #customerservice
Recently we had a customer * who amongst other things told us that because they are the boss of their company that they will only deal with and give us jobs if they can deal with the boss of our company every time they called as that is how they work - that's after they put the phone down twice on members of our office team who were helping them organise and liaise with jobs they wanted carried out.
*That customer is now an ex-customer at our decision.
Electricians that work for SES don't just become qualified and then that's it. All our electricians undergo regular training on updates to the Electrical Wiring Regulations and they also receive training on other relevant services we provide such as building regulations, fire alarms and emergency lighting.
Yesterday at the HQ of our trade organisation SELECT our Summer/Autumn training programme began when I successfully passed my own update course on our wiring regulations and more of our electricians will go through this and other courses over the coming months as we keep our training and knowledge up to date.
Electricians (well good electricians) need to go through training every so often to make sure a safe working electrical installation is provided and you know for sure that when one of our electricians arrives at your premises to carry out electrical work they are not only qualified electricians but also trained to the latest regulations and standards.
More office improvements have taken place over the past weekend with new carpets, painting and photos all helping to make for a better place for our team to work in.
Applications are still open for the post of Operations Manager within SES.
We are pleased to be recruiting for an Operations Manager within our Electrical Contracting Company - we carry out Domestic, Commercial and Industrial work for clients throughout Scotland.
We are a well-established company, based in the Forth Valley Area, with a number of electricians in the field, and a back office team for the necessary office based work.
This new role has come about due to the continuing expansion of the Company.
The Operations Manager, will report directly to the Managing Director and will be the successful link between the office staff and the electricians.
The Operations Manager should have suitable experience in the electrical trade or be a qualified Electrician.
On a day-to-day basis, as Operations Manager you will assist the team with job planning and scheduling, estimating, purchasing and database management and have involvement in sales and marketing with our Client.
You will be responsible for maximising the opportunity from existing sources of business.
This will also include managing the office team, and ensuring that they are working productively and efficiently.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years relevant experience, gained ideally in an electricians/electrical business (or at least a trades background).
You will have a background and experience of job scheduling, workflow management and logistics planning.
We are seeking a strong self starter, with the ability to learn quickly on the job and develop themselves and the team around them and lead from the front.
You will be confident in working with people, directing staff and teams with a professional approach being very customer focused.
Lastly, you will be IT literate and comfortable using software, including Microsoft Office.
Extensive on the job training and support will be provided and this is an excellent opportunity to join this developing Company at the right time in their growth and to have a real chance to make a difference.
Roles and responsibilities include:
· To assist Managing Director to ensure regulatory requirements are met in regards to electrical works
· To assist Managing Director in making sure all health & safety requirements are met for any client work undertaken
· To ensure all electrical works are complete to the correct standard and within the allocated time scale
· To assist with sourcing and specifying any new training requirements
· To assist with tender returns
· Customer Liaisons regarding electrical works
· Assist reactive electricians on further works i.e. Quotes for parts and ordering
· To ensure that all Electricians have the necessary tools and materials required for their day to day needs
· To ensure that the Stores are kept up to date, in respect of ordering stock when required and keeping on top of the stores are to ensure that enough parts are available and kept in stock
· To go over the existing Client Database and ensure that no work is missed, and that all work carried out is properly invoiced and paid
· To seek any opportunities in the existing database for maximising Company sales and income
Some of the work that our client undertakes is as follows;
· Full Trade Service
· Solar PV
· Electrical Installation, Maintenance and Testing Services
· Fire and Smoke Alarms
· Work required for Landlords and Certification/HMO Reports
· Door Entry Systems
· Energy Efficiency Measures
· CCTV and Security including Emergency Lighting
· Building Warrant
· Inspection and Testing inc PAT Testing(to BS7671 Standards)
Extensive experience working within the building services and electrical sector is preferred.
Our client works to BS7671 Standards and Regulations.
You will also require a driving licence.
The role has a salary of between £22-£25K for the right applicant with the correct balance of skills and experience.
Please contact our HR Consultant’s Andrew Bourke at Absolutely HR to find out more about the role and to apply.
In the first instance email your details and CV to email@example.com
You can also apply via www.indeed.com, s1Jobs or Jobsite
This past weekend we had new carpets laid at our offices in Fallin and we took the opportunity to have a spring clean of our office contents. We will fine tune our new office layout this coming week as we work towards increasing the efficiency of our office work.
Owner and Director Scott McLean updates this page with our company, business & industry related news, photos, videos.
Feel free to participate and comment on our posts.
Connect with Scott
Connect With Us On....