The Wallace Sword was returned from safe storage last week to The National Wallace Monument after the refurbishment of the famous landmark.
Our Managing Director Scott McLean was privileged to be involved in the sword return which can be viewed in the below videos.
Video courtesy of Tricker Pr
Video courtesy of STV News
On Sunday our Managing Director Scott McLean completed his 100k 2013 Charity Challenge with help from friends and colleagues.
Four of our electricians also took part in the 5k Glasgow Santa Dash to help Scott cross the finishing line of running 100k of organised events throughout the year.
Over the next few weeks we will accumulate all our sponsorship money with a total of around £1300.00 looking likely for Cancer Research and Strathcarron Hospice.
Scott added "I would like to thank the electricians who took part in the Santa Dash and importantly to all the friends, family, colleagues and customers who have sponsored me throughout the year. Losing a very close friend and much loved work colleague to cancer one year ago saddened us all and hopefully the fundraising amount raised over the past year will play a part in the care and research in the fight against this horrible disease.
Below are videos and photos from the Santa Dash.
We recently completed the installation of two new audio visual display screens as well as the replacement of an existing screen.
Using a combination of VGA, Cat6 and HDMI cabling including convertors we were able to a provide the facility for our client to showcase internal information via the screens.
Last Saturday night our emergency electrician received a call from one of our clients asking us to attend to a property in Alloa which had no power after a flood.
On arrival our electrician found that the Residual Circuit Device (RCD) within the consumer unit had tripped switching off the electricity to a number of circuits within the property. The RCD device had tripped because as it was monitoring the circuits it had sensed an imbalance between conductors due to the water ingress at a socket and had quickly and safely switched off the electricity.
If no RCD device had been installed within the consumer unit then the water ingress problem would have taken longer to become noticed within the electrical system so a much longer delay would have occurred before a Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) tripped or even much longer if the circuit was protected by old style fuse wire which could potentially pose a fire risk to the property.
RCD devices are now an essential part of modern electrical installations and if you do not have this device installed within your home or property then we strongly recommend that one is installed for both person and property safety.
The Electrical Safety Council have published some FAQ's on RCD devices which explains more but before you visit and read their page watch the video below which highlights why RCD devices should be installed.
CLICK FOR NEW
BLOG LINK & UPDATES
Owner and Director Scott McLean updates this page with our company, business & industry related news, photos, videos.
Feel free to participate and comment on our posts.
Connect with Scott
Connect With Us On....